“I Want to Lose Weight but I Really Love Food”
Eating healthy food to nourish our bodies doesn’t have to be boring; you can still love and enjoy food whilst staying align with your health and wellness goals. A good place to start is with understanding portion size, increasing our fruit and vegetable intake, moderating your healthy fats and carbohydrate intake and limiting processed foods, particularly foods high in saturated fat, sugar and salt.
Here are some top tips to help you lose weight while still enjoying flavoursome food!
- Include a variety of 5 serves of vegetables per day, aiming for ½ – 1 cup per serve
- Include a small portion, ~ 2 tablespoons of wholegrain carbohydrates in meals.
- Experiment marinating meat with herbs and spices
- Season vegetables with herbs and spices
- Add soft herbs to finish off meals for a fragrant taste – great options are basil, coriander and parsley
- Experiment with different cooking styles, try roasting veggies instead of steaming and grilling or baking meat instead of frying
- Ensure you are consuming lean meats or trimming excess fat before cooking
Sometimes we don’t always have the time to cook healthy nutritious meals. Here at Be Fit Food we take the thinking and preparing out of your weight loss journey with our ready-made meals and programs. The Be Rapid program is our most popular program, it can help you achieve your weight loss goals with convenience and ease. Our meals are designed by dietitians and cooked by chefs using fresh produce, lean meats, wholegrain carbohydrates and flavoured with herbs and spices. We have breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options available, ranging from eggs and porridge, to soups, stir fries, curries and even creamy pastas and bolognese.
Be Fit Foods’ philosophy is to provide a low carbohydrate style of living. All vegetarian meals have a maximum of 20g carbohydrates and at least 15g protein. All our other meals contain a maximum of 20g protein and at least 15g of carbohydrates, they have no added sugar and are low in sodium. The scientific formula behind our meals puts our body into a mild nutritional ketosis, allowing our bodies to target burning excess fat for energy rather than its preferred carbohydrate source. If you’re a food lover, wanting to lose weight and target fat loss, check out our range of different programs and meals we offer to help you on a journey to a healthier happier life!