Customer Service: Mon-Fri: 9:00am-5:00pm
Mornington Concept Store:
Our Be Rapid program has been scientifically formulated by a doctor & team of dietitians to give you the food, resources and dietitian support to lose weight quickly through eating nutritionally balanced, real food rather than relying solely on synthetic supplements, shakes, bars or detox teas.
The Be Rapid program is a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) designed to induce mild nutritional ketosis by providing approximately 800-900 calories per day and around 40-70g of carbohydrates. Mild nutritional ketosis is a state in which our body switches from using sugar (from carbohydrates) as a primary energy source to using our stored body fat rather than relying on sugar stores from carbohydrate intake1.
Mild nutritional ketosis has been shown to help you lose weight rapidly, feel less hungry, have more stable energy levels and is even shown to improve sleep quality2. Mild nutritional ketosis can be effective in the nutritional management of other health conditions such as lowering cholesterol & balancing blood sugar levels3,4&5. Be Rapid is typically implemented to lose excess weight quickly but can also be used seasonally to help reset your metabolism.
There are several studies that show two weeks on a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) every quarter can assist in increasing insulin sensitivity, stabilising blood sugar levels, improving blood fat profile, metabolic markers and encouraging sustained weight loss6.
The average weight loss of 1-2.5kg a week* can be achieved when replacing all 3 meals each day7,8.
We have found that on average our customers have lost an average of 5kg* in the first two weeks of following this program.
Some side effects of mild nutritional ketosis include:
• Mild fatigue
• Lightheadedness or dizziness
• Altered bowel movements
• Initial hunger and/or sugar cravings (usually subsides on day 2-4)
• Increased thirst and change in breath/taste can occur due to expelling ketones through exhalations (in the breath) or through urination (causing increased thirst).
However, these symptoms may only last up to 4-5 days.
We provide you with breakfast, lunch or dinner and one protein-based snack. Additionally, we provide you with an ‘Recommended Extras Guide’ that consists of a variety of nutritious (low-starch) vegetable and salad items, protein-based snacks and low-carb fruit options.
Each meal has approximately the same number of calories, so feel free to mix and match as you choose, just ensure you eat everything in the day for maximum results! The above table is a suggested day on the program.
|Example day on the program|
|Be Fit Food Breakfast|
|Be Fit Food Snack|
|Be Fit Food Lunch|
|Be Fit Food Dinner|
|Additional Snack (Optional)|
|Side Salads & Non-Starchy Vegetables (Optional - added to meals)|
All three programs follow the VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) with approximately 800-900 calories per day and around 40-70g of carbohydrates and are essentially the same program and menu.
The main difference with the Metabolism Reset and Challenge Yourself programs are they are 14 day programs.
Two weeks of the Be Rapid Program can be just what you need to stay on track of your eating, reset your motivation, or to lose a couple of kilos rapidly, along with other health benefits.
Our Be Rapid program is a Very Low Calorie Diet designed to induce mild nutritional ketosis, the Be 1000, Be 1200 and Be Fit Man weight loss programs are not designed this way.
The meals are snap fresh frozen to lock in the nutrients, so simply heat them up using a microwave, oven, air-fryer or the stove top using instructions either on the label or on our website, and you’re good to go.
Check out the Recommended Extras Guide online for suggested vegetables and salads to bulk up the meal.
We recommend undertaking Be Rapid for 2-8 weeks at a time.
We recommend speaking to our Be Fit Food Dietitians if you decide to stay on the Be Rapid Program longer than 8 weeks.
*Weight loss results and rates of weight loss may vary and depend on the individual.
^The information contained in this information sheet is not a substitute for independent professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
1. Gomez-Arbelaez D, Bellido D,Castro AI, Ordoñez-Mayan L, Carreira J, Galban C et al. Body composition changes after very-low-calorie ketogenic diet in obesity evaluated by 3 standardized methods.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;102(2):488-498.
2. Gibson AA, Seimon RV, Lee CM, Ayre J, Franklin J, Markovic TP et al. Do ketogenic diets really suppress appetite? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Obes Rev. 2015;16(1):64-76.
3. Anderson et al. Importance of weight management in type 2 diabetes: review with metaanalysis of clinical studies. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2003;22(5):331-339.
4. Dashti HM, Mathew TC, Khadada M, Al-Mousawi M, Talib H, Asfar Sk et al. Beneficial effects of ketogenic diet in obese diabetic subjects. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;302(1-2):249-56.
5. Noakes TD, Windt J. Evidence that supports the prescription of low-carbohydrate high-fat diets: a narrative review. 2017; 51(2):1-9.
6. Lantz H, Peltonen M, Agren L, Torgerson JS. Intermittent versus on-demand use of a very low calorie diet: a randomized 2-year clinical trial. J Intern Med. 2003;253(4):463-71.
7. Delbridge, E. & Proietto, J. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2006;15(Suppl): 49-54.
8. Mustajoki, P. & Pekkarinen, T. Obesity Reviews, 2001;(2):61-72.
Please enter a valid four digit postcode.
Unfortunately Be Fit Food doesn't ship to that postcode yet.
Enter your email below and we will notify you as soon as your location becomes available.
Thank you! We will let you know as soon as we deliver to your part of the woods.
There was a problem submitting your email.
Estimated Delivery:Additional Delivery Dates & Order Cut-Offs